Latest News from Princeton Crew
This past Sunday was the Ivy League Championship for Women’s rowing. Princeton Entered a boat in every event and placed well enough as a team to finish as the top team in the Ivy League. The team trophy was won after a very strong performance from the Tiger’s Varsity 8 where the Tigers finished 7 seconds over second place Yale. The win in the Varsity 8 also served to secure the Ivy League’s automatic bid to the NCAA Championship. While most conferences award their automatic qualification spot to the top team in their conference, the Ivy League has decided to ensure the fastest Varsity 8 is represented at the NCAA Championship. A write-up of Princeton's NCAA qualification can be found HERE.
The Tigers started off the day in strong fashion by winning all of their heats. Complete results of the heats can be found HERE.
Princeton’s Team Championship was helped along by a win in the 3rd Varsity 8 and a string of Bronze Medal finishes in the Varsity B 4+, Varsity 4+ and Second Varsity 8. Results of the finals racing can be found HERE, courtesy of row2k.com. You can also find 500m splits HERE. You can find a run down of the points totals HERE.
- Princeton Keeps Streak Alive, Returns To NCAA Rowing Championship Weekend
- Heavies Medal In Two Of Four Sprints Finals; Varsity Eight Takes Fourth
- Lightweight Men Place Fifth At Eastern Sprints; 2V Earns Bronze Medal
- Impressive Performance Sends Princeton Open Rowing To 13th Ivy League Title
- In Wide Open Field, Tigers Will Compete For 10th Ivy Title, NCAA Berth
- Fourth-Seeded Heavyweights Believe Increased Work Will Pay Off At Sprints
- Third-Seeded Men’s Lights Hope To Ride Momentum To Sprints Upset Sunday
- May 16 TigerCast: Rowers Heidi Robbins & Michael Evans Talk Title Regattas
- May 9 TigerCast: Caroline Rehfuss and Paul Rassam
- Women's Lights Return To Sprints Medal Stand With Silver; Fours Earn Bronze